Friday, April 29, 2005

Horror

Horror

I been to the lands of the Mountains, and the Rising and Setting Sun - oh, the horror, I see... I been to the lands of the Shining Seas, Eagles and Condors, and the horror, I see... I been to the land of the Bear, and oh, the horror, I see... I also been to the land of the Koala, and again, the horror, I see...

Oh yes, they all have their elite millionaires and billionaires, this is true enough, but the horror of their malnourished and starving children, is more than a soul can bear. They all have their under-country of misery and dispair...

My capitalism... my love, where are you? Are you in Africa, that once most beautiful of all the lands of free roaming animals, peoples and spirits? - How did you create this level of horror, my soul must see? Did you lose track of the lesser world's needs? Did you go to sleep at the wheel of excess, imbalanced profits? Can you awake?! Horror, oh horror - I honor you, to become the spirit of universal, balanced integrity... Rise up to your true calling and feed these poor, starving peoples and lands. - please, please, please!

L.A.Gillespie

No comments: